Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Tartan..tastic!! Inside Crochet Issue 48

Check out Issue 48 of Inside Crochet.

In the wonderfully wintry issue, I am lucky enough to have another design published, it's called the 'Murray Cowl'  a cosy accessory to beat the winter chills! 
Murray Cowl for Her
Murray Cowl for Him
The inspiration came from my love of Tartan fabrics, which originated from a trip to Scotland with my grandparents, when I was 12.  The trip to Loch Ness and Ben Nevis (didn't actually scale it, just viewed from a safe distance), miles upon miles of heathery landscapes and the visits to every single tartan fabric and kilt making establishment we could possibly fit in. The shopkeepers would tell me stories of the different clans and their tartans, it fascinated me.  So I finally decided that it was about time I designed something with a tartan flavour.

Murray Cowl 
Check out this issue of Inside Crochet, filled with lots of fantastic projects to create, Tunisian Crochet tips from Rohn Strong, and oodles of other helpful info and articles, a feast for the eyes!


 Until next time.........Nicky xx


2 comments:

  1. Hi..fabulous..love it well done you.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, check next months offering rather proud of that one too! xx

      Delete